SSL Secure Server Certificates
ITS provide high quality SSL certificates to our clients. As low as $44.99 per year, these secure certificates are very competitive with SSL certificates from VeriSign ($995), GeoTrust ($169), and others.
There are several varieties of SSL certificate from ITS:
|Type:||Standard||Premium with EV||Multi-domain / UCC||Wildcard|
|Summary:||Fast setup||High level of validation
green bar in web browser
|Common for MS Exchange
up to 100 names; call for over 5
All certificates include free reissuance if necessary.
No-Hassle Ordering And Installation
For a flat fee of $49, ITS will handle:
- generating the private encryption key
- generating the CSR (certificate signing request)
- ordering the certificate
- installing the certificate
This fee applies to new orders or renewals. Experienced clients of course may opt to order and install their own certificates using our instructions. If you wish to order and install your own certificate via our control panel, please see the instructions below.
Custom SSL certificates will work with our Shared Plus, Windows, and Advanced Hosting accounts. If you are not sure what account type you have or have any questions, please contact support.
To start your order or renewal, please carefully follow the instructions for your hosting account below. In general, the steps are:
- For new certificates or renewals on your own in-house Windows Server, generate a CSR (certificate signing request) per the instructions below. Be sure to choose the correct web server type.
- For renewal certificates, use your existing CSR.
- To place your order, please contact ITS Technical Support for assistance.
- Save your CSR code for use when renewing your certificate.
All Hosting Plans
In your control panel, select your Webspace. Click the Websites tab. Click your domain name. Click Secure Your Sites. Click Add SSL Certificate and follow the directions to generate a new certificate request or upload an existing certificate.
If you generated a certificate request you may order from our partner or any other of your choosing.
For an in-house server like Exchange or Windows IIS, generate a request on that server and then order from our partner.
Explanation of the order form sections you may need to complete:
State or Province
Enter your full state name, not an abbreviation.
The domain you wish to encrypt. Enter the base name (example.com) since the "www" version is included. For UCC (multi-hostname) certificates you will enter the rest while ordering.
Our certificates are compatbile with the following browsers and devices, as of April, 2011 (i.e., over 99%). Users of older browser versions may receive a warning that the root certificate is not trusted. When presented with the warning those users can simply install the root certificate. To do so, click "View Certificate." Then, when the certificate is displayed, click "Install Certificate."
- AOL®: 5 and higher
- Google Chrome™: All versions
- Firefox®: All versions
- Internet Explorer®: 5.01 and higher
- Konqueror®: All versions
- Mozilla®: All versions
- Netscape: 4.7 and higher
- Opera browser©: 7.5 and higher
- Safari®: Mac OS® 10.3.4 and higher
- ACCESS NetFront™: 3.3 and higher
- Amazon Kindle®: 1.1 and higher
- Android™: All versions
- AT&T WAP Gateways: All AT&T phones that use WAP version 1.X for Web browsing
- BlackBerry®: 4.1 and higher
- iPhone®: All versions
- iPad™: All versions
- Motorola® phones: Manufactured in 2009 and later
- Nokia® devices: Manufactured in 2007 and later
- Palm OS®: 6.1 and higher (also Treo 650)
- Sprint® devices: Manufactured in 2010 and later
- Sony PlayStation Portable®: 2.5 and higher
- Sun Java Runtime® (JRE): 1.4.2_07 and higher and 1.5.0_02 and higher
- Windows Mobile®: 2005 AKU 2 and higher