UNIX Hosting Accounts
ITS's service providers are renowned for their record of providing Web sites with the best performance, highest availability, and industry-leading customer service. The strength of our infrastructure and support systems makes it possible for ITS to offer an industry-leading 99.9% Guaranteed Uptime policy. Subject to the terms of the Guaranteed Uptime policy, a customer's Web site will be up and available at least 99.9% of the time in any given calendar month, or the customer will receive a credit towards his or her next month's Web hosting services, according to the current Service Level Agreement.
ITS's service providers have invested millions of dollars in upgrading the equipment, services and support that provide the fastest, most reliable, and best-supported Web sites available on the Internet. The infrastructure includes dozens of multi-processor servers, multiple fiber optic OC3, OC12, and even OC48 connections to Internet backbones, Cisco routers, Foundry Networks Gigabit Ethernet switches, multi-terabyte tape and disk backup systems, state-of-the-art customer support management applications. With multiple separate and diverse Internet connections, we can immediately re-route traffic to another backbone if one, or even two, Internet backbones ever suffer service interruptions, allowing our customers' Web sites to remain up and running. And, with our Uptime policy - we guarantee it!
Our service providers didn't get to be leading Web Presence Providers by trying to sustain their business with only the minimum levels of service and equipment. They provide the best combination of systems and services for our customers' Web sites, and they promise to maintain that leadership position by continuing their trend of anticipating and meeting the performance and service needs of our customers.
While many companies are struggling to keep up with the technology in this fast-paced industry, ITS's service providers' focus on Web hosting has given them the ability to really specialize and provide the fastest, most reliable, and most complete services and support for any Web site. Whether large or small, informational, commerce-based or multimedia, a site served by ITS is guaranteed to be reliable, and is backed by the best technology and the most comprehensive and convenient services in the industry.
1. Coverage; Definitions
This Web Site Availability Service Level Agreement applies to you ("customer") if you have ordered the following services ("Services") and your account is in good standing (not past due):
|Shared Hosting||Shared Basic, Shared Plus, Shared Signature, Shared Windows|
|Advanced Hosting||FreeBSD VPS, MPS
Linux VPS, MPS
Solaris VPS, MPS
Windows VWS, MWS
|Standard Hosting||All E-Commerce plans (not including above plan types), Basic, Personal, Professional plans|
|Domain Plans||Domain Pointer, RapidDomain, RapidMail|
|Exchange Hosting||All hosted Microsoft Exchange plans|
As used herein, the term "Web Site Availability" means the percentage of a particular month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that the content of a client's Web site is available for access by third parties via HTTP and HTTPS, as measured by ITS.
As used herein, the term "Exchange Server Availability" means the percentage of a particular month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that the hosted Microsoft Exchange service is available for access via Outlook, as measured by ITS.
2. Service Level
ITS's goal is to achieve 100% Web Site Availability for all customers.
In the event that there is no Web Site Availability, ITS will credit the monthly service charge for the Service as calculated below and as measured using 24 hours days in the subject month, with the credit being calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge for the affected Services:
|Web Site Availability||Credit Percentage|
|99.9% to 100%||0%|
|98% to 99.8%||10%|
|95% to 97.9%||25%|
|90% to 94.9%||50%|
|89.9% or below||100%|
|Exchange Availability||Credit Percentage|
|99.999% to 100%||0%|
|99.0% to 99.999%||3%|
|98.0% to 98.99%||5%|
|95.0% to 97.99%||10%|
|90.0% to 94.9%||25%|
|89.9% or below||2.5% per 1% downtime
(max. 50% of monthly bill)
Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Web Site Availability or Exchange Server Availability caused by or associated with:
- circumstances beyond ITS's reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA;
- failure of access circuits to our providers' networks, unless such failure is caused solely by our providers;
- scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades;
- DNS issues outside the direct control of ITS;
- issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP customer access;
- false SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any ITS measurement system;
- customer's acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, etc.), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the Services in breach of ITS's Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy;
- e-mail or webmail delivery and transmission;
- DNS (Domain Name Server) Propagation;
- outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. ITS is not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. ITS will guarantee only those areas considered under the control of ITS: our providers' server links to the Internet, our providers' routers, and our providers' servers.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
In order to receive a credit, customer must make a request by sending an email message to ITS Technical Support. Each request in connection with this SLA must include the userid or domain name of the account in question and the dates and times of the unavailability, and must be received by ITS within ten (10) business days after customer's Web Site was not available. If the unavailability is confirmed by ITS, credits will be applied within the next billing cycle after ITS's receipt of the credit request.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the total amount credited to a customer in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total hosting fee paid by customer for such month for the affected Services. Credits are exclusive of any applicable taxes charged to customer or collected by ITS and are customer's sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any failure or deficiency in the Web Site Availability of customer's Web site.
Naperville, IL 60563